Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ADHD!!!!

     I went in to work today and found out I will not be teaching summer school.  My first reaction was disappointment... I have been programmed to teach.  What will I do with myself?  How will I focus long enough to get anything done?  I need the structure of school.
     I've actually been programmed to be like my students, scatter brained.  I have been teaching more and more at-risk and special needs students and doing well with them.  Partly, because I teach them via organized chaos.  My students even joke around that I am more ADHD than any of them could ever be.  I walk on desks, shout when there isn't any need... we learn and it IS FUN.  I saw this video recently and it explains it all.  All of it.  My new demeanor.  My students.  The next generation.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment