Saturday, June 19, 2010

School Lunches

     My partner and I have been killing ourselves by participating in classes at our local gym every day of the week in the hopes to slim down.  I myself have gained more than 30 pounds in the past three years, no doubt, from eating the same food my students eat.  I even had a scare this past year because I started exhibiting symptooms of diabetes!
     We were partly motivated to start working out due to television shows like Biggest Loser and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and partly motivated by poor body image.  I've noticed that many educators are over weight.  We are always moving, barely eat (in the ten minutes we have to eat), and work long hours.  How can we all be so heavy and out of shape?
     I personally feel lethargic and drained after a school lunch.  Mrs. Q, at Fed Up With Lunch: The School Lunch Project, details the daily monotony and unhealthy choices students face on a daily basis.  Take a look.  She's got quite a great blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment